What equipment will I need to install the roller door?
A basic tool box is required for installation of the garage door. This list is not exclusive, but meant as a guide.
- Combi Drill (with Rotary Hammer / Torque Driver / HSS Rotation)
- 10mm spanner / adjustable spanner
- Set Square
- Spirit level
- Pencil / marker
- Allen key set
- Hacksaw / Angle Grinder for cutting metal
- Trestle tables
- Step ladder(s)
- Chisel (for cleaning up the garage door opening)
- Rivet gun (if fixing the enclosure with rivets)
- Small electrical flat head screw driver
- Philips head screw driver
- Cable clips
- 7mm brown Rawl plugs and 50mm screws (brick)
- 8mm SDS drill bit (for fixings)
- 4.2mm HSS drill bit (for rivets)
- 13mm HSS drill bit (for front of guide channels)
- 7mm HSS drill bit (for back of guide channels)
- Tape Measure
- Silicone Sealant and applicator gun
Note that some working at height is involved in this task, and it is advised that two persons carry out certain tasks - such as lifting the curtain into place.